Monday, July 22, 2013

I Am Awesome

I'm so pissed off, I wrote this whole really amazing post about being awesome and I DELETED THE POST BEFORE IT SAVED. But I won't let it get to me because I am too awesome to be mad. If you're in this mindset, nothing will ever get to you.
Do you ever feel stupid, sad, worthless, single, unhelpful, friendless, depressed, or just all around horrible? I definitely have those days when I just want to lay in bed and cry and kill myself. However, no one deserves to feel like that. And if people make you feel like that, get them out of your life. Only you can criticize yourself, and that criticism is only so you can change and be a better version of yourself.

1. So first of all, get some awesome friends who will only bring you up, and never bring you down. At work last week, I was having a really tough day but I won't explain it because it sounds silly now. After I cried in the bathroom, I cleaned myself up and went back to work. I'm pretty sure my coworkers weren't aware that I cried, but when I came back they were miraculously really nice to me and apologized for what they had done earlier. (I work at Starbucks, and it was super crowded and I messed up on a couple of drinks and my coworker was getting angry). I apologized while I was making the drinks, but my coworkers didn't take it as well, until now. So pretty much, don't let other people bring you down because if they're feeling crappy, they want someone to feel crappy with. Don't be that person though. If they're trying to bring you down, tell yourself that you are much better than what they will ever try to make you be.

2. Rock the fuck out. Seriously, just do it. Find some awesome, motivational songs and sing all of the words or drum it all out on your steering wheel until you know you are just flat out awesome. Some songs I would suggest:
Don't Stop Me Now by Queen
Brave by Sara Bareilles
My Way by Frank Sinatra 
This Is Your Life by The Killers
....and of course, Eye of the Tiger by Survivor.

3. Read this right here and do it:
Wake up every morning and tell yourself you're a hardass bitch from hell and that no one can fuck with you and then don't let anybody fuck with you. 

4. Go for an awesome kick butt run, or do some kick boxing or something. Whatever involves kicking or punching or sweating pretty much. You'll look really good afterwards, get a nice workout, and you'll feel 1000% better than how you were before.

5.  Step the fuck away from your normal choice of words such as:
"I don't know."
"I'm not good enough."
"I'm too fat."
"I'm too skinny."
"I'm scared."
"What if they don't like it?"
"What if I look stupid?"
Like seriously, just shut up. Take a stand and think about who you are for a second. Think like this example: I am Stacy, I am 34 years old, I am a stay at home mom, I play piano, and I live in a two story house. Stop after a few descriptions, and then make them more detailed. For example: I am Stacy and I am awesome. I'm only 34 years old, and I have the amazing ability to take care of an entire family, inside of a very spacious two story home. I've been playing the piano since I was 7 years old, and I'm not going to give up now. In fact, I should write some music, or play in some recitals, or even give lessons to people who want to learn. Look at all of the talents and abilities you have and actually use them! Make sure to help people with them as well, or else it will completely go to waste.

6. Watch movies that will distract you from whatever you're going through. However, watch things that are the opposite of what you're going through. If you're thinking that your boyfriend sucks, don't go and freaking watch Kate & Leopold or You've Got Mail or An Affair To Remember. Go and watch XMen or Mission Impossible. By putting your problems aside and focusing on something the complete opposite, the tension that has been eating at you will feel a bit looser. And no, it won't go away completely, but it will ease up a bit. An example of this was when I first started working at Starbucks and I felt so nervous and stupid. I went home and after studying the drink recipe cards, I watched Serendipity because it is so completely cute and irrelevant to my problems. By watching this giant escapade of the search for their soulmates, I was able to distract myself and get in a better mood than how I was feeling before that. Trust me, it's great. And John Cusack is really cute in this movie, and Kate Beckinsale is always beautiful.

7. Get dressed up and look smokin' hot. Do whatever you do to feel sexy, and put yourself out there. Even if you're just going out with your friends, you need to feel as good as possible. Dude even if you don't have any friends, go to the movies my yourself and look HOT. Yes, I admit, I went to the movies last month by myself but I looked fabulous so no regrets whatsoever. It's a great idea okay. So wear a scandalous thong, black sparkly eyeshadow, false eyelashes, short skirt, massive push up bra (yeah you can stuff it if you want to), high heels, tights, no tights, tight pants, a turtleneck, whatever makes you feel as awesome as you possibly can. Just make sure you feel comfortable with what you're wearing, and you like it.

By following these simple rules, you too can be awesome. 












No comments:

Post a Comment